Ledar chaman or yellow paneer/frying cheese:
Serving size: 3-4 people
- 1 lbs paneer/ chaman,
- 1 tsp turmeric powder/ haldi/ lider,
- 1tsp shonth/ginger powder,
- ½ tsp of badiyan/fennel pwder,
- Pinch of heeng/asafetida,
- Salt to taste,
- 1 tbsp. of milk,
- 2 green crushed eliachi/cardamom,
- 2 cloves/laung,
- 1big eliachi / cardamom,
- sticks of cinnamon/dalchini,
- Oil for deep frying.
- Make cubical pieces of chaman / paneer.
- Take oil in a pan and fry paneer by 2 or 3 pieces at a time.
- Fry till paneer is golden brown.
- Fry all the pieces same way.
- Take 11/2 cups of water in a separate pan.(not in a pan with oil in it).
- Add all the spices given above
and one crushed green elaichi to water except milk.
- Add paneer to water mixture and boil for 20 minutes.
- Add crushed green eliachi and milk and boil for 2 minutes.
- Add 1 tbsp of warm oil to chaman or paneer.
Paneer is ready and serve with white boiled rice.
Chaman/paneer is a very important dish to cook in a vegetarian
cuisine, especially on birthdays .Paneer is replacement of meat
dish for vegetarian people.