Phool Gobi or Cauliflower:
Serving size: 3-4 people
Regular method and not typical Kashmiri
- ½ phool Gobi head,
- ½ tsp chili powder/marchwangan,
- ¼ tsp of shonth,/ginger powder
- ¼ tsp of badiyan/ fennel powder
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder/hald/lider,
- ½ tsp zeera/zeur /cumin seeds.
- You may add 2 tomatoes, 2 cloves of garlic, and a piece of ginger.
Note: If cooking with tomatoes. Add 2 tomatoes to phool
gobi when adding spices. Do not add water as tomato leaves out water.
You may add garlic, onion and ginger when sautéing zeur
and before adding phool gobi.
- Take oil in pressure cooker or pan.
- Add zeur to oil and sauté zeur on low flame.
- Add pieces of phool gobi to oil and stir for 2-3 minutes.
- Add all spices given above.
- Stir well again; add ¼ cup of water and add salt.
- Pressure cook for 3 minutes.
- Turn off stove and take pressure out immediately to retain crunchiness.(pressure can be released by lifting weight with ladle or cooling pressure under running water.)
- If cooking in pan, boil on low flame for 6-7 minutes.
- Phool Gobi should not be overcooked.
- Garnish it with cilantro when it is ready.