Serving size: 3-4 people
- 1lb mutton,
- 11/2 yogurt/zamutdud,
- 1tsp shonth/ginger powder,
- ½ tsp of badiyan/fennel powder,
- 2 cloves/laung/roung,
- 2 stick dalchin/ cinnamon or ½ tsp of cinnamon,
- tsp of zeera/cumin powder/zeur,
- 2 green crushed elaichi/cardmom,
- 1 big crushed elaichi/ cardmom,
- pinch of heeng/asafetida,
- salt to taste, 1tbsp of oil
- ½ cup of sour cream available in super markets (Optional).
- Take ½ cup of water in pressure cooker.
- Add mutton, 1 tsp zeera, 1 green elaichi, 1big black crushed elaichi, cinnamon, pinch of heeng and salt.
- Boil mutton with spices in a pressure cooker.
- Pressure cook for 10 minutes and let pressure drop down.
- Beat yogurt well, sour cream, shonth and badiyan.
- Add mixture of yogurt to mutton in a pressure cooker.
- Boil the mutton with yogurt for 5 minutes.
- Warm oil in a pan and pour over Yakhani.
- Crush green elaichi and zeera .
- Add to Yakhani in cooker.
- Cover it with lid till ready to serve.
- Serve with white boiled rice.